2010年4月2日 星期五

Another Japanese site

http://www.muji.com/rhythm

Another Japanese site of Muji.

I don't know if you like the Muji simplicity. To me, I dislike most of the products except stationary, especially the color pens. I imagine putting everything in gray, brown grey, blue grey etc at home would be dreary.

I deem this site design-oriented rather than showing off coding or technology. Every product on screen is aligned to some kind of grid and jumps slightly, or switch among themselves dynamically to a heart-beat rhythm. It clearly reveals the designer's attention to give a vivid life to these products.

The interaction between the mouse cursor and the buttons seems to be diminished by the beating pictures themselves. However, it still fairly easy to use (simply double-click and enter a detailed page of a product), and successful keep the user's interest in this site and follow the rhythm unconciously.

However, the heart-beat itself scares me a little. Since it is so clear and distinctive, I cannot help thinking of a dying human.

沒有留言:

張貼留言